Technical Writing & Communication Resources
Sep 26 2021
Information Architecture #
|MECE Framework McKinsey||The Mutually Exclusive and Collectively Exhaustive (MECE) principle is used to break data into manageable and efficient parts. This page has nice diagrams to explain it.|
Intellectual Property #
IP is actually kinda funny, you gotta write clearly, but without giving away too much detail. Some spoofing is in order…
The difference between a software developer and an engineer is that engineers document their stuff.
API Docs I Like #
No better teacher than good examples, because we should always copy and steal from the Old Masters.
- Structure is direct and straightforward
- Not too many animations
- Tables are clean (unlike some monstrocities that span the horizontal width and have 3+ columns for some reason)
- No collapsing menus in the body content (easy to Ctrl-F)
- I find it interesting that they hide the scrollbar and the fact that it’s 1 gigantic page. Hmm 💡?
Blah blah ideas #
- “How to involve tech writers with software development”
- “What to do when people hate reading”
- “Balancing time constraints for creating images and videos with text”
- Criteria to consider when designing a docs-as-code pipeline
- Screw English, write in your native language
- MECE for documentation